Sold $899,900 - Single Family Home
This was the third time we’ve built our “forever home.” Unfortunately, life sometimes throws a curve ball at you. We bought this single-family lot early in 2020 & worked with Bowman Construction through Gardens Construction to build what we thought was our “as close to perfect as we can make it” last home. We took occupancy in the Summer of 2021 & have enjoyed living here enormously. Let me tell you why we modified a Buttercup “side by side” plan to fit our needs & desires. Features we wanted were:
- Two bedrooms with two full baths; the second bedroom has private access to the second
bathroom. Master bath has a large shower, recirculating soaking tub with in-line heater,
enclosed toilet space, his & her sinks, & a custom closet system in the master closet.
- Custom tile in kitchen & baths, with remaining floors a top-quality Pergo laminate.
- Grand Crown in all but bathrooms; 5-1/2” baseboards throughout.
- Custom cabinetry by Chuck Palmer Cabinets with soft close drawers and doors.
- Two-car garage with 8’ tall x 18’ wide garage door for easy access.
- RV garage 16’ tall x 18’ wide x 64’ long with 14’ tall x 14’ wide garage door & three storage
bumpouts; the garage easily fits a 45’ coach with slideouts extended & has room for two
additional vehicles in front.
- Man Cave – 18’ x 18’ enclosed workshop in the back of the RV garage, with storage loft above.
- Minimal steps – One step up at the garage & front doors, plus short stairs from the grill deck.
- 36-inch entry & interior passage doors to allow easy access if mobility impaired.
- A Ring security system with the doorbell, four exterior camera/spotlights & window & door
sensors with professional monitoring & user control through a smartphone app.
- Garage door openers with backup batteries installed to preserve access during outages.
- A fully encapsulated crawl space to keep it clean and dry.
- A quiet high-efficiency Trane heat pump & gas furnace installed in the crawl space.
- The “grill deck” is served by a hard-pipe service line from the gas distribution system.
- High-efficiency gas fireplace with remote, fan & backup batteries for operation during outages.
- High-efficiency Navien tankless water heater installed in the crawl space, with programmable
controller and hot-water recirculating loop for unlimited on-demand hot water.
- Multi-stage water filtration system for whole house, installed in the crawl space.
- Remote-operated ceiling fans in bedrooms, living room, front & rear porches.
- Sliding vinyl panels making the back porch a three-season haven.
- Six-zone irrigation system using metered water; Hunter programmable controller with
smartphone app & water-saving Rotator nozzles; designed for easy winterization.
If you want a quality-built home sized for easy maintenance by two, this might be the place for you.